Monday, November 27, 2006

I Cannot Play Rosetta Stone Rsd Files

... What the ancient Participants Think About Their experience at San Servolo!


Ms. Peressini,
Thank you for the invitation to join you in celebrating the San Servolo institute. My time there was only 2 weeks, but incredibly memorable.
I regret that I cannot attend the reunion in December, but I will send you the letter and some pictures in support.
My time on the island was very special. Patrick Tranquart is an excellent instructor, and has become a good friend. The office staff, interpreters, and others were equally dedicated to the institute, which showed in the quality of their work.
I was so inspired by my time there, that I am using the school as a model for my own art and dance program here in the U.S. My wife and I will be opening a workshop studio for fine and performing arts. If I am lucky, I hope to capture some of the feeling of San Servolo. Attached is a scagliola intarsio that I completed while taking the 2 week class.
If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
Sincerely,
Jim Gloria
(Corso bisettimanale di Scagliola 2002)

0 comments:

Post a Comment